A unique education about wine from a winemaker. How it's made, and how to fully enjoy tasting and talking about it.
What you'll learn
- Enjoy wine, carefree from judgement
- Gain a comprehensive and real understanding of all aspects of wine
- Have confidence in your knowledge of wine
- Use your comprehension to inform your decisions about how to better your wine drinking experience
This is a comprehensive, easy-to-understand course on all aspects of wine. What will we cover?
- Wine defined
- A short history of wine and where it came from
- Visit a native grapevine in its natural habitat
- A full year in the vineyard, exploring practices and tasks of vineyard workers
- How the heck wine is made
- Building your confidence in buying the right wines
- How the heck to taste it "properly" (spoiler alert: however you want)
- Wine "lingo" and how to wade through the jargon
- How and where to buy wine on a budget
- Frequently asked questions about wine (and if your question isn't not on the list, I'll answer it within 1 day)
- An interview with a wine retailer covering what to look for in wine stores
- The difference between drinking wine and analyzing wine
- Principles of pairing wine and food (coming soon)
- A list of recommended wine resources (books, apps, seasonal gift ideas, etc.)
- How to tell what kind of wines you would or wouldn't like (coming soon)
- Find out what affects your sense of taste and smell
What are the features?
- Lifetime access. No limits.
- iPhone, iPad, and Android accessibility
- Certificate of Completion
- Slides from the course lectures in pdf format
- Download the course to your mobile device: watch and interact while you're on the go
- You'll get my personal email for any burning wine questions or recommendations you have for adding content to the course (within a day!)
Why take this course?
- Enhance your enjoyment of wine, in your own unique way
- Feel the hubris of wine confidence, and put that wine snob you know to shame =)
- Just kidding, we're not about shaming here
- But heck, you can become a wine snob yourself, if you'd like
- I personally enjoy the term "wine geek" much more. In this course we'll teach you how to geek out on wine.
How is the course structured?
- Informative video lectures in the form of talking head clips and some powerpoint slides
- Take this course with a friend! Pop that bottle open and park yourself!
- It's structured to be informative and fun. Even more so with wine. Cheers!
Make sure to check out the lectures marked as Free Previews!
Who this course is for:
- This wine course is for anyone interested in wine, but it is mostly geared for beginners
- If you are interested in a comprehensive perspective on wine from start to finish, this is the course for you
- Interested in becoming a sommelier? This course will provide a great foundation for building the skills you'll need!