Learn wine in the comfort of your own home! Wine Folly's Wine Styles Tasting Course offers a selection of hand-curated regional wines, tasting tips, maps, and a guided video experience: all designed to help you become confident with wine.
This course aims to help you:
- Communicate confidently about wine.
- Avoid feeling lost in a wine menu.
- Learn how to taste wine like a pro.
- Know what terms on wine labels signify quality.
- Expand your palate: know where to look for great quality and value.
What You'll Learn in This Course
Taste the right wines while grasping fundamental concepts in wine. This course is interactive, you will be tasting wines while learning basic wine concepts.
Discover your personal wine style. Anyone, despite any natural abilities or inabilities, has the capability to become a shrewd wine buyer. You don’t need a special nose or palate to identify quality in wine.
Put your knowledge immediately into action. You will learn how to think about and choose wines more confidently. No longer will you be beholden to clever wine marketing ploys.
Courses with wines include hand-curated bottles, tasting booklet, maps, and 2+ hours of course content. The booklet-only version offers everything minus wines plus guidance on selecting wines in your area.
Who is This Course For?
- People who want to learn about wine. (No prior wine knowledge necessary.)
- Beginners and intermediate wine drinkers who need a solid foundation to build upon.
- People who’ve heard the terms “tannins,” “balance,” “age-worthy,” “structured,” “closed,” “QPR,” “bright,” and “flabby” and wondered what they mean.
- Professionals who want to feel at ease wining and dining with important clients.
- People capable of taking notes, slowing down their wine consumption in order to think, and applying the concepts and tools in this course.
- Those who work in hospitality looking to increase their tips and overall professional experience.
- Individuals and small groups who love food, wine, and culture.