The three-day course is divided into modules focused on history, geology and climate, grapes and winemaking techniques.
The Academy offers a mix of traditional lectures, guided tastings and lunches and on-site field trips led by highly qualified teachers, carefully selected among the region’s top experts.
- Tradition and know-how: history, economic and social conditions; The basics of Langhe viticulture – Sandro Minella
- Climate and geology: In-depth analysis on the geology of Piemonte’s Tertiary Basin; Me.G.A: history and description – Edmondo Bonelli
- Viticulture: lecture on the grapes of the Langhe; History, characteristics and agronomic issues; focus on Nebbbiolo – Edoardo Monticelli
- Enology: the evolution of winemaking techniques; Features of grape varieties, with focus on Nebbiolo – Vincenzo Gerbi
- Future challenges and opportunity for the wines of the Langhe: climate change, the new hybrids; economics and developments opportunity – Maurizio Gily
- Tour of Barolo e Barbaresco crus – Sandro Minella; Edmondo Bonelli
- Dedicated tastings for each module
A Langhe Wine Ambassador diploma will be given to participants at the end of the course
All lessons will have simultaneous English interpreting. Attendance is for wine professionals only and is subject to approval.